How to Make Homemade Advieh
26th July 2019 -- Issue #150Table of Contents
1. Recipe of the Week - Advieh
2. My Amazon Kindle Recipe Book
3. My Facebook Page/Twitter/Pinterest Links
3. My Downloadable Recipe Book (PDF)
5. Top Tips on Toasting and Grinding Spices For Fab Flavours and Mouthwatering Aromas!
My Youtube Channel
Click here for my Youtube channel with all my spice mix videos...
If you do find my Youtube videos useful, please do subscribe or give them a like. Many thanks..
For adding authentic Middle Eastern flavours to your dishes, making your own advieh is the thing to do!
Makes about 8 tablespoons
3 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp black peppercorns
2 tsp ginger powder
2 tsp ground/grated nutmeg
7-8 green cardamom pods
1 x 3 inch piece cinnamon
tbsp = tablespoon
tsp = teaspoon
- Break up the cinnamon stick
- Grind the cinnamon pieces along with the cardamom pods, peppercorns and cumin and coriander seeds
- Once ground, add to a bowl
- Finally, add the ground/grated nutmeg and ginger powders and combine thoroughly
That's all there is to it!
Click here to see this recipe on my website.
My Amazon Kindle Recipe Book ($2.99)
This is my Amazon Kindle recipe book. It has 100 Recipes from all around the world ranging from the basic to fairly complex. It sells for $2.99.
Click Here to go to the Amazon sales page.
If you prefer, you can also buy the book as a downloadable PDF for $3. See below for a link...
My FB Group/Pinterest/Twitter Links
To keep up to date with latest recipes and herbs and spices info,
I have a private Facebook recipe page you may like...
I have a general Facebook page you may like...
And if Pinterest is your favourite...
If Twitter is your thing...
Spice Magic - Recipe Book
I've reduced the price to only $3 exclusively
for my newsletter subscribers.
This is my new downloadable recipe book all about making your own spice mixes and herb blends.
It has 100 Recipes from all around the world ranging from the basic to fairly complex.
Just a few of the recipes you'll find within...
- A Collection of BBQ Rubs
- Cajun, Creole and Taco Seasonings
- Curry Powder and Masala Blends
- Pumpkin and Pudding Spice Recipes
- Mulling and Pickling Spice Mixes
- Recipes For Dry rubs
- Blends From China, India, US, Africa and Europe
- And Many More
It also has a 60 day money back guarantee.
No questions asked!
How to Toast and Grind
Dry toasting and grinding spices is the key to getting the most flavour out of your ingredients and into your home cooking...
Step 1: Add your whole spices to a dry pan over a low to medium heat and whilst stirring or shaking the pan, lightly toast them for a few minutes. When you can really smell the aromas and they start to darken, they're ready.
Step 2: Let them cool and then grind.
Step 3: For a finer blend, put them through a sieve before combining with any ground ingredients and herbs.
Click Here for step-by-step info and photos on this recommended technique.
Pass It On
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favour and "pay it forward."
If a friend DID forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting my newsletter page
Until Next Week,
Jason - Spice-Mixes.com